Quarrying qualification pathways below contains a quick reference for progression through the quarrying sector accredited training packages. The career options, listed below, for working in the quarrying (extractive) industry will be added to this section progressively. Each attachment can be downloaded and used to assist individuals to gain an understanding of the types of entry positions, their typical duties, associated qualifications and useful links to industry bodies.
Qualification Pathways for Quarrying
- Advanced Diploma Level This person performs tasks that are broad, specialised, complex in nature & highly technical. They are responsible for establishing mine management systems, plans & policies.
- Diploma Level Reflects the role of a mine manager. This level entails planning, implementing, managing & using your skills to address management problems that arise.
- Certificate IV Level- Supervisors or team leaders do this qualification at work. Advanced operational requirements, supervision & leadership of staff are introduced at this level.
- Certificate III Level Highly-skilled production operators complete this qualification on the job. These roles require using discretion & judgement in selecting equipment, services or determining contingency measures.
- Certificate II Level Semi-skilled operators do this qualification. These jobs would require working safely in a team and following site, safety & quality procedures.
- Certificate I Level Entry level qualification. This is a pathway to Certificate II & III Qualifications. Employment opportunities with this qualification only, are rare.
- Download information about General Hands (click here)
- Download information about Quarry Operators (click here)
- Download information about Site Health and Safety Coordinators (click here)