1. RII09 Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package
This section covers information about the rationalisation process and about how the units are grouped in the new Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package. It includes general information about:
- units of competency;
- the template used to develop the new units;
- how units are coded;
- statements about unit equivalence; and
- information about qualifications and Skill Sets is also covered in this section, including general information about how qualifications have been consolidated and indications of equivalence.
2. Guidance for Industry
This information will assist industry bodies and enterprises make an informed transition to using the RII09 Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package. It covers the following:
- the Systems Approach to identifying training requirements;
- how to go about customising and contextualising training and assessment for specific enterprise needs;
- how to contextualise units of competency for industry sectors and specific sites;
- information to assist enterprises make decisions about particular mobile plant operator units and high risk work units;
- a sector summary of what has changed in this Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package;
- a comparison between the packaging rules of old and new qualifications; and
- details about qualifications and units.
3. Guidance for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
The information provided in this section includes the following:
- information to assist RTOs to ensure that training and assessment meets the diverse requirements of the Resources and Infrastructure Industry;
- guidance for RTOs about how to update their scope of registration to deliver qualifications from this new Training Package, and about transition arrangements from previous Training Packages;
- information about delivery of training, the importance of industry context, the requirement to meet enterprise needs, and the particular delivery requirements of some qualifications;
- sample training programs;
- information about how to deliver Employability Skills; and
- requirements of assessment in workplace settings.